Monday, June 11, 2012

http://www.vogue.com/culture/article/getting-ready-for-the-2012-tony-awards-nina-arianda-james-corden-cristin-milioti-and-jeremy-jordan/
Yesterday night (for the first time live for me) I watched the Tony Awards on TV, at New York’s Beacon Theatre. I am a huge fan of Broadway shows and I was very anxious of viewing this event live. Previously I could usually just view some extracts uploaded on YouTube.

A part from enjoying a lot the great performances of the Best Musical nominees, I was very happy to notice the full color blocking trend I am exploring in my comparative research and running on this blog. The bright color trend was a fashionable choice among nominees, and I could see that the trend was embraced especially with simple monochromatic gowns of the it-colors of the season. I particularly liked Once's Cristin Milioti's simple chic emerald green Jason Wu strapless silk chiffon gown, elegantly draped on the bodice, accessorized with a gold clutch and green jewels. In my opinion, the best dress of the night.


http://fashionbombdaily.com/2012/06/11
Audra McDonald, Tony Award winner for Best Performance by a Leading Actress in a Musical, went for a one-bright-color choice as well: a effortless yet elegant one-shoulder electric-blue dress, accessorized with very simple understated jewelry.

Another proof that here in NYC the one-bright-color trend is very fashionable and is worn a very simple, sleek and visually powerful way - a real must, also on red carpets, this summer.



No comments:

Post a Comment