Tuesday, June 12, 2012



As my journey goes on, the color-ful trend is really visible everywhere in NYC, especially as we are approaching into full summer (even the heavy rain does not stop the trend on the streets!).

So far, I have recorder one-color dresses as a impact-ful choice for any kind of occasions: you can wear it as a fashionable and easy statement during the daytime.  Or as effortless and elegant full-color evening gowns to attend an awards show. In both cases the trend we are discovering in its essence is the go-for choice: vibrant, energy and eye-catching nuances.

In New York, designer brand are displaying the trend also in the stores and in window shops. When I walk to NYU on 42nd street, I always stop by to check Alice & Olivia's store on 40th street. This is a line that I was not very familiar with -- in Milan it is not that popular as, for the same segment, there are Italian designer that are much more popular, like Patrizia Pepe or Twin Set. I personally appreciate the basic palette of black-and-whites enriched by all pops of color. My favorites: playful day dresses and embellished party dresses for the evening. The other day I stopped by the store and I saw that the the raks in the store were full of super colorful (also neon) tops, pants and dresses, in every bright color of the season, from hot pink to yellow, from green to tangerine. Alice & Olivia is presenting the bright color trend as one-color dresses, or bright separates paired with complementary white or black selections. Molto chic!

http://www.aliceandolivia.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment