Thursday, July 5, 2012


In Milan, colors are not just for accessories: home decor as well is jumping into the bright color trend this summer. Here you can see one example of a white table in a home decor Milanese boutique, beautifully laid with dishes, glasses and cutlery in our favorite bright colors of the season: tangerine, red, acid green, purple. What I like the most is the fact that there is not a "one tone" approach with the white table, but they have used all the possible colors, clashing one against the other, but perfectly resembling the bright colors of the rainbow. I personally love bright color home decor, especially for the kitchen and bathroom, and when I moved to New York I really bought everything in different bright or neon color, and I love how the nuances perfectly complement each other in a bold home-color-blocking way. 


In April 2012 in Milan there was a very popular Home Design event, called Fuorisalone, which gathers interior designer, companies and simply home decor lovers in one of the most famous design districts of the city: via Tortona. This year I unfortunately missed it because I was here in New York, but I came across this comprehensive visual summary of the Fuorisalone event trends - and the brights and neon colors can be easily spotted.

No comments:

Post a Comment