Tuesday, July 10, 2012

http://www.efashiontrend.net/bourbonnais-shoes-ballet-flats-and-sandals-made-of-pvc-for-spring-summer-2012-color.html

I have been anticipating this trend in a couple of previous posts, but now the time has finally arrived to talk about Bright Color and Neon Sandals.

In New York everyone – and I am not exaggerating – is wearing flat sandals in every possible color and style. There are so many styles this season to choose from — two-strap, T-strap, ankle-wrap, and gladiator — so the trend here in NYC is to opt for a fun style with bright colors to celebrate the warm weather. Trending this season are attention-grabbing neon jelly sandals, to subtler classic thong sandals, tricolors sandals and T-straps.

Colored flat sandals are chic, comfy, and very versatile, and you can wear them anywhere: work, weekends, nights out, Sunday brunches, summer weddings… They work both for more casual outfits – like shorts and tank – and for more elegant ensembles – like long summer dresses. To prove it, here I a sharing with you my two recent purchases of the “flat sandal fever” – a trend that I am really enjoying a lot!


This above is my first purchase: Jimmy Choo’s Fiona Flat Sandals in bright yellow. I believe they are super chic and classic, with a very simple and elegant crossed design. I believe they really can be worn with anything and they can pull out also the most casual of the outfits.


For my second purchase I opted for very bold Baleciaga Eletric Blue Flats, adorned by the distinctive “studs” of the Giant Balenciaga bags. These sandals are really edgy and attention grabbing, but I love them!


What do you think? I would like to read your comments on this!

2 comments:

  1. I love both pairs you bought!
    In flat sandals, I'm always a bit worried by the word "flat": I'm quite small and my physio once told me I should always wear shoes with a small heel...
    Otherwise have you also seen nice colored flat sandals from high street retailers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am not that tall, but I love flats anyway! You are right, I am going to post a couple of interesting high street findings I believe are absolutely chic. Going to post them tomorrow! Stay tuned :)

      Delete