Sunday, September 23, 2012

NYCB Gala

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.486511461373805.113437.295987887092831&type=1

Last Thursday, September 20, Lincoln Center was still under the spotlight. This time not for Fashion Week, but for the New York City Ballet Gala. I can't wait to go and check one of the Balanchine ballet that are scheduled for the next few weeks. A part from fashion, the second top passion I have is ballet. I have been ballet dancing since I was 4, and I have been examining with the Royal Academy of Dancing in London, so for me ballet is a big deal.

So, while waiting fall trends to take their stage in the streets of NYC, my attention is going to the  red carpets. And the exclusive opening gala of the New York City Ballet al Lincoln Center was a big one. Not just for opening ballet season, but for a special partnership with Valentino Garavani,.

The beloved Italian couturier (in my opinion the best Italian designer ever) has realized 30 ballet costumes for the corps de ballet. And of course this glamorous evening couldn't be it without the many celebrities, wearing Valentino gowns.

First, Sarah Jessica Parker, who's in the Boards of the NYCB, was wearing a 2012 Valentino Couture collection floral gown, with a golden waist belt, jewels by Fred Leighton, purple  Louboutins and a ballerina style updo with a flower in it.

http://www.glamour.com/fashion/blogs/slaves-to-fashion/2012/09/best-dressed-at-the-2012-new-y.html

Another dramatic look that loved was Anne Hathaway. She was wearing a dreamy floral gown from the 2012 Valentino Couture collection as well. As the gossip says, Anne came to support the designer because she would have chosen Valentino as the designer for her wedding dress. I am usually not a fan of florals, but I have to say these 2 dresses are beautifully designed, ethereal and glamorous. Looking at this 2 dresses, I would say florals can be a trend...let's wait a couple of days to find that out.

http://www.glamour.com/fashion/blogs/slaves-to-fashion/2012/09/best-dressed-at-the-2012-new-y.html
A tip for people in London at the end of November: on 11-29 the Somerset House in London will
open an exhibition in honor of Valentino's extraordinary career called “Master of Couture”, featuring 130 haute couture pieces created by the maestro.

And tonight, I am tuned on the Emmy's...

No comments:

Post a Comment